Friday 19 November 2010

There's no place like home...

I could have paid off my debt
or bought a brand new phone
but I bought the red shoes
because there's no place like home

and i'm not speaking of bricks & mortar
but the body you nourish with food & water
that's your home because it has your heart
death befall's anyone without that part

My body literally has my back
and will protect me when under attack
It can defend by creating a shield
it can offend by the weight it can make you feel

My body also loves without words
but my bodys words can be a destroyer of worlds
in one vein its a loving embrace
the next it's a metaphorical slap in the face

my body can sink to the lowest of lows
nearly low enough to be rented for dough

I could of paid off my rent
or bought a dog a bone
but I bought the red shoes
because there's no place like home

This home's subject to wear & tear
till the time comes & it's no longer here
don't use & abuse if you cannot repair
don't miss the clues if it's in your face they stare

You only get one and if you fuck it up
you may find yourself stuck in a rut
and thats a shame, it's not what bodies are for
our hot bodies are built to endure

built to fight, built to surrender
built to be tough & built to be tender
built to strive for the very best
built to pass a magnitude of tests

I honour my body, I don't give it away
I don't need to spread the love in that way
I'll let the so-called players play
knowing it won't be me the players lay

once i strayed from the path of peace
I was beauty playing the beast
it was my body I abused the most
whilst seeking resolution & keeping hope

I could repent
for there are sins for which i have to attone
but i bought the red shoes
because there's no place like home

It's the red shoes I choose no matter the cost
for the only home that I never lost...

No comments:

Post a Comment