Friday 19 November 2010

The most powerful opponent

You really need to stop holding me down
I've won many a fight
but with you
I don't know how

You are just too strong
You are just plain wrong
you have turned me into
a bird without song

A bird without wings
envious of those who sing
attempts reveal
the diamond shine
of tears glistening

never trying for the fear
that i'll achieve
because if i do
i know you'll take it from me

why do you do this to me?
loving me as much as you do
it's such cruelty
what you keep putting me through

telling me i'm not deserving
that i'm not worthy
that i'll always be a servant
to the things that hurt me

things of which you are a component
and this makes you a very worthy opponent

but I'm ready now
so take me on if you dare
nows the time you're going down
along with my fear


It's the girl in the mirror
I wanna give her a slap
though if I get physical
she will surely crack
then i'll crack within
the evil twin will win
and i'll forever be crushed
by her destructive sins

I am better than that
i am better then her
she is a constant attack
on my sense of worth
I'm a rebel with cause
she's a rebel with none
if substance wins wars
I have already won...

No comments:

Post a Comment