Friday 19 November 2010

Scars...

I've got many scars
I pretend they are stars
collectively a constellation
& my knee is Mars
I should do a dot to dot
or count how much i've got
it paints a picture that says
i have been through alot
Each one tells a story
of hurt & glory
self destruction & abuse
of the battered territory
a scar on my face
22 years & barely there
is a constant reminder
mothers do not always care
they run from my head
to the bottom of my leg
but my back escaped
it lies about the tears i've shed
I've been bitten by
mosquitoes, humans & dogs
I've been beaten by
nutters & wannabe thugs
I have a stab wound on my breast
but the fault is mine
what the hell did i expect
14, playing with knives
it was in my inside pocket
I forgot it was there
my friend grabbed me as a joke
then i felt my bra tear
there are too many scars
to mention here
but i don't mind discussing it
over a beer

i'm bow legged and pigeon toed
scatter-brained & accident prone
I will get more scars
and i'm overdue a broken bone

I will gather many more
in years to come
especially if i keep drinking
Carribean rum
scars are nature's tattoos
and I love them all
they are evidence of strength
and the fact that soldiers often fall
life scars and that i almost embrace
coz any type of pain
has got to be a disgrace
life scars and that i fully embrace
but not my exposed
& irreplaceble face...

No comments:

Post a Comment