Friday 19 November 2010

My favorite quotes...

What is worse than having no sight is being able to see but having no vision.
Helen Keller

Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value.
Albert Einstein:

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."

"The sun is alone, but it is strong."
-- think Chinese, not sure

"If U are not living on the edge..then...U are taking too much space."

"If the human brain were simple enough to understand, we would be too simple to understand it."
-- developer of Prozac

"The surest protection against temptation is cowardice."
-- Mark Twain

"Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids. :)"

"Everything should be in moderation, including moderation inself."

Life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds you that you have one. -- Stella Adler

The purpose of a liberal education is to make you philosophical enough to accept the fact that you will never make much money.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.
Albert Einstein

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
Albert Einstein

"Expectation is the root cause of all sorrow"-Shilpa Shetty

Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.-Alexander Pope

Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for truth.
Benjamin Disraeli

Inspiration is for amateurs. I just get to work.-Chuck Close

I go my own way, prefer to lead myself astray and when i make my own mistakes i'm the only one to blame.

There’s so much comedy on television. Does that cause comedy in the streets?
Dick Cavett

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.-Edith Sitwell

Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for – in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.-Ellen Goodman

You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you.-Eric Hoffer

A happy life is just a string of happy moments. But most people don’t allow the happy moment, because they’re so busy trying to get a happy life.-Esther Hicks

You can’t get away from yourself by moving from one place to another. There’s nothing to that.-Ernest Hemingway

Are people more violently opposed to fur rather than leather because its much easier to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs?-George Carlin

The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised.-George F. Will

Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen

Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but follows religiously the new.
Henry David Thoreau

No wise man ever wished to be younger.-Jonathan Swift

A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic.-Joseph Stalin

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Wisdom is knowing the right path to take… Integrity is taking it.-M. H. McKee

Times have not become more violent. They have just become more televised.
Marilyn Manson

To cease smoking is the easiest thing I ever did; I ought to know because I’ve done it a thousand times.-Mark Twain

I don’t necessarily agree with everything I say.-Marshall McLuhan

Insane people are always sure that they are fine. It is only the sane people who are willing to admit that they are crazy.-Nora Ephron

Write drunk, revise sober.-Poet’s Motto- Deserves to be on my list twice!

A jury consists of twelve persons chosen to decide who has the better lawyer.
Robert Frost

Progress isn’t made by early risers. It’s made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.-Robert Heinlein

Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.-Susan Erz

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.-Victor Borge

The trouble with being poor is that it takes up all of your time.-Willem de Kooning

A writer is someone for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people.
Thomas Manne

A genius! For 37 years I’ve practised fourteen hours a day, and now they call me a genius!-Pablo Sarasate (Spanish Violinist)

You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.-Buddha

I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.-Kurt Cobain

I don’t care what is written or said about me so long as it isn’t true.-Dorothy Parker

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Famous last words

Codeine . . . bourbon.
~~ Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d. December 12, 1968

Damn it . . . Don't you dare ask God to help me.
To her housekeeper, who had begun to pray aloud.
~~ Joan Crawford, actress, d. May 10, 1977

Is it the Fourth?
~~ Thomas Jefferson, US President, d. July 4, 1826

Let's cool it brothers . . .
Spoken to his assassins, 3 men who shot him 16 times.
~~ Malcolm X, Black leader, d. 1966

Go on, get out - last words are for fools who haven't said enough.
To his housekeeper, who urged him to tell her his last words so she could write them down for posterity.
~~ Karl Marx, revolutionary, d. 1883

Go away. I'm all right.
~~ H. G. Wells, novelist, d. 1946
Either that wallpaper goes, or I do.
~~ Oscar Wilde, writer, d. November 30, 1900

I am innocent, innocent, innocent. Make no mistake about this. I owe society nothing. I am an innocent man and something very wrong is taking place tonight.
Executed by injection, Texas.
~~ Lionel Herrera d. May 12, 1993

Now, now my good man, this is no time for making enemies." - Voltaire (1694-1778) on his deathbed in response to a priest asking that he renounce Satan.

..................I love you.
Spoken to the executioner.
Executed by injection, ....New York.....
~~ Sean Flannagan, d. June 23, 1989.

How about this for a headline for tomorrow's paper? French fries.
Executed in electric chair in ....Oklahoma.....
~~ James French, d. 1966

..................I did not get my Spaghetti-O's, I got spaghetti. I want the press to know this.
Executed by injection, ....Oklahoma.....
~~ Thomas J. Grasso, d. March 20, 1995.


Though i understand the interest in how the world began i do not understand why millions are spent trying to find out. I liken it to a crime scene. A murder is committed. 1 week, maybe even 10/20/100 years later you may find some evidence. But after 4.54 billion years? Unlikely. Spend the money on war prevention, Cancer, heart disease, AIDS, Starvation, eradicating poverty & child protection. There will be no world or people working on a 4.54 billion crime scene if these evils get out of control.- Me

Love, resources & humour are all we might need for a decent life.


I am not "proud" to be black because it implies my ascribed characteristics are something to be ashamed of. -Me


Any women can make a mess, but a lady knows how to clean.-Me


You're parents are just 2 people who've had sex. Asolutely anyone can have sex. Sometimes it's just that clinical. Everybody's different.


National pride is the height of stupidy. The world is restrictive enough without these identification barriers. We are part of humanity. Fullstop.


The face is the mask that hides it all-Me


The older you get, the less you know-Me


Never trust anyone who claims to be totally virtuous, it's just not possible. If they are that virtous they are too boring for my time. However, A completely virtous person is such a rarity it could qualify as a mental illness. This would make them interesting.-Me


The best way to stop people giving you advice you do not want is to say "I could die tomorrow". You may have to repeat a couple of times but it always works. In some cases they never try to give you advice again.-Me


If i were to live each day as if it were my last it would take 3 months for me to be either/or; incarcerated, comitted and inevitably... Dead. -Me


"You get a little moody sometimes but I think that's because you like to read. People that like to read are always a little fucked up."
— Pat Conroy (The Prince of Tides)


Only a genius can play a fool." -- Michael Rapaport


Truth is everybody is going to hurt you. You just gotta find the ones worth suffering for
Bob Marley

.. ..

Some say the blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice; I say the darker the flesh then the deeper the roots.
-- Tupac Shakur....

.. ..

A man, like clay, is molded by his surroundings, he starts to take shape of the beatings and the pounding.
- Biohazard, Urban Discipline....

.. ..

This 'telephone' has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication. The device is inherently of no value to us." -- Western Union internal memo, 1876.


Hurrah for anarchy! This is the happiest moment of my life.
Last words on the gallows.
~~ George Engel
(He was one of four executed after the 1886 Haymarket bombing in Chicago)


"come on in-I've gotta tell you what a state I'm in".-Coldplay

"I hurt myself today, to see if i still feel. I focus on the pain, the only thing that's real. The needle tears a hole the old familiar state. Try to kill it all the way, but i remember everything" Trent Reznor

"Everyone I know, goes away, in the end". Trent Reznor


..........

f you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.....

.. ..

You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.....

.. ..

A clean desk is a sign of a cluttered desk drawer.


..........

A man is not honest simply because he never had a chance to steal.....

.. ..

When you live next to the cemetery you cannot weep for everyone.


"If a man does his best, what else is there?"- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)

"I'm living so far beyond my income that we may almost be said to be living apart."

- e e cummings (1894-1962)

"Try to learn something about everything and everything about something."

- Thomas Henry Huxley (1825-1895)

"Dancing is silent poetry."- Simonides (556-468bc)

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad."- Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws."- Plato (427-347 B.C.)

We have art to save ourselves from the truth." - Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900)

"Many wealthy people are little more than janitors of their possessions."
- Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

"I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them."- Ian L. Fleming (1908-1964)

"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth."- Umberto Eco

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."- G. B. Burgin

"My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher."- Socrates (470-399 B.C.)

"What do you take me for, an idiot?"- General Charles de Gaulle (1890-1970), when a journalist asked him if he was happy

"You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty."- Sacha Guitry (1885-1957)

"Few things are harder to put up with than a good example."- Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"Hell is other people."- Jean-Paul Sartre (1905-1980)

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense."- Tom Clancy

"Write drunk; edit sober."- Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)... (I write drunk-and edit sober. love this quote.)

Imperfection is beauty; madness is genious and it is better to be absolutely ridiculous
than absolutely boring - Marilyn Monroe

No comments:

Post a Comment