Friday 19 November 2010

Shackled

Love is a prison
and my mind holds the key
but if love is in the mind
How can I be free?

Love builds but love also wrecks
and activates an abandonment complex
I thought i was born ready for anything
Though I may never be ready for a diamond ring

They signify death & with that I choke
I can except love without the bullshit hope
though it must be great to have stopped finding
to love someone so much you'd make it
legally binding

though I don't need that promise in all sincerity
no-one ever loved me unconditionally
no matter what is the impossible dream
and a writer prefers fantasy over the real

In reality i do have a tortured soul
invariably we end up alone
and it will probably be my fault too
I've always played this love game without rules

I'm a love anarchist
and alone in the abyss
and i'm in chains
because I don't wanna feel like this

I wish I was on the scale of psychopathy
then feeling wouldn't obstruct me
I was jealous of mum for being on that scale
but that is an even more restrictive jail

so i'm greatful for that loving ability
but just once I'd like to be set free
attracting love isn't the problem that i'm having
it's that I attract love without understanding

That blind love doesn't satisfy
inevitably those ties painfully die
I cannot invest my entire heart
when i can see the finish line right at the start

What you want is what makes you weak
injects pain causing your eyes to leak
I hate all my wants & despise my needs
If i didn't want love i'd have all i need...

No comments:

Post a Comment