Friday 19 November 2010

Prozac Rap



Here i am dazed on prozac
proving my talent spitting on this track
to survive in this world some peeps attack
but attack me & you'll get a fucking smack
i'll pick your pockets, like a cleptomaniac
you call it teefing i call it cashback
thats my compensation
for living in a nation
where there's no consideration
for my right not to be preyed on
Marvin Gaye said "whats going on"
but i don't know so i stay positive like a proton
i used to be more violent than a rabid dog
i had that red mist, couldn't see through the fog
it got me nowhere so now i go out for a jog
instead of my fists i use dialogue
& this right here is my soliloquy
& i hope i'm taken seriously
coz back in the day when i was on the mic
mans would approach me in ways i did not like
i didn't like that outright disrespect
& i lost my bottle in retrospect
i thought getting back on the mic would be murder
but natural talent needs very little nurture
i've come back with no pseudonym
no need for random letters like an acronym
my mother gave me 2 things none of them lame
the first was manners, the second was a great name
i'm greatful for what i've got & what what i lack
it's turned on my thirst for knowledge like an afrodisiac
i taught myself alot about black history
was empowered by Malcom's take on black coffee
& that speech
the ballot or the bullet
truly profound was the best way i could put it
it inspired me to get a little better each day
& accept i can't be perfect coz i'm bound to stray
i overcome my issues with a smile in style
without going on dumb shows like Jeremy Kyle
if your hostil;e vile fertile & idiotic
show yourself on TV high on the chronic
wearing clothes that you slept in the night before
while this prick yells advice that you'll ignore
this is it, the modern day freakshow
parade yourself on daytime tv aspiring low
show the world that you really aint going nowhere
with cheap makeup and greasy hair
these are some of the reasons that i despair
sometimes i wish i could out of the living nightmare
but not always
sometimes you've got to grin
so i'll be in the pub grinning with a cheeky gin

No comments:

Post a Comment