Friday 19 November 2010

Happiness

The most popular lie is the statement "i'm fine"
Why do we do that, Its such a waste of time
I will buck the trend & say otherwise
I am never happy, today is no time for lies
I am lonely all the time
because no-one understands how I feel inside
momentarily I feel pangs of joy
and when it fades I shift back to a state I don't enjoy
Misery is my unfortunate disposition
but a sunny outlook is my public position
People think i'm happy & thats very easy to see
I'm all about making happy memories
on my death bed i'll see plentiful moments of glee
and probably conclude my life has been quite happy
but i'm not there yet so for now i'll embrace the woe
let it build till the time comes for it to overflow
because you cannot rebuild yourself from the inside
you cannot revive a part of you that has died
So i'll live life constantly in mourning
The truth is i'm too old to start transforming
I'm ok though I don't feel at all depressed
I ignore the demons that have me possessed
with the full knowledge they'll always be there
constantly like the smile i'm forced to wear

No comments:

Post a Comment