Friday 19 November 2010

Nobody

I'm the one who both fought & flew
The one who knew without any clue
the one who made a barrage of mistakes
whilst surrounded by a stigma too hard to shake

I'm the one with the gun in hand
ready to shoot all who fuck with my plan
I guess that gun should be pointed at me
I've fucked myself more than anybody

I'm the one who marched to a beat of thunder
the body stood strong but the spirit's asunder
the body works hard looking for parts
desperately seeking to be enhanced

There are so many memories I repressed
the question who am i is more like a test
What is my value, what is my cost
how can I know this when so much of me is lost

am I a lamb to the slaughter
the governments daughter
a destructive surplus presence
within these borders?

the childhood whore
the emotional chore
the one with her bowl out begging for more?

most likely
i'm all of the above & more
refined like a lady
yet, explicitly raw
all in all i'm undefined
I'm the contract nature won't sign

i am the one who both fought & flew
the one commanding respect thats overdue
but i'll die waiting
because i am nobody:
nobody
nobody
nobody
hoping for that somebody who's nobody too...

No comments:

Post a Comment