Monday 19 March 2012

When I see you...

My feet get a little unsteady
for your presence I am never ready
I am overexposed
naked without all my emotional clothes

Those clothes allow me to dismiss you
to lie to myself that I never missed you
that you sank without a trace
that I hadn't got used to your familiar face

I got more than used to it, it felt protective
I would seek out your presence like a detective
and then you disappeared
and I pretended that I didn't care

So between us there is an invisible wall
We no longer play invisible ball
and whenever your around
I am deafened by the silence of that sound

That is when I stumble
like a biscuit I begin to crumble
and I hate biscuits
Just like I hate being the only misfit

I thought you might be a misfit too
and that is what attracted me to you
so when the connection came to an end
I mourned the fact that we may never be friends

But I had blocked that out of my mind
It hurt too much to keep it where I could find
But when I see you I know it never went away
and my messages become to mixed to convey...

No comments:

Post a Comment